Sunday, February 10, 2008

Fun Monday - Hell's Bells

Grandma signed me up for Fun Monday. My mom is hosting. This is what Mom wants:

Music plays a vital role in most of our lives. It is everywhere. I want to hear the ONE song that is you. The song that whenever it is heard, you smile. I am not looking for the soundtrack of your life, just that one song. Your friends hear it and think of you. You can post the video, the lyrics, the wav file. However you want to post it is great.


This is Carlo's grandma typing. I asked Carlo what song he thought he was and he said "anything by Rob Zombie or else "Hell's Bells" by AC/DC. Yeah. I asked him why and he said becuase that's what his Dad likes. So in honor of Carlo's dad, I present:





Artist/Band: Atkins Rodney

Lyrics for Song: Watching You

Lyrics for Album: If You're Going Through Hell

Drivin’ through town just my boy and me

With a “Happy Meal” in his booster seat

Knowin’ that he couldn’t have the toy ‘til his nuggets were gone.

A green traffic light turned straight to red

I hit my brakes and mumbled under my breath.

His fries went a flyin’, and his orange drink covered his lap

Well, then my four year old said a four letter word

It started with “S” and I was concerned

So I said, “Son, now where’d you learn to talk like that?”

Chorus:

He said, I’ve been watching you, dad ain’t that cool?

I’m your buckaroo, I wanna be like you.

And eat all my food and grow as tall as you are.

We got cowboy boots and camo pants

Yeah, we’re just alike, hey, ain’t we dad

I want to do everything you do.

So I’ve been watching you.

We got back home and I went to the barn

I bowed my head and I prayed real hard

Said, “Lord, please help me help my stupid self.”

Just this side of bedtime later that night

Turnin’ on my son’s Scooby-doo nightlight.

He crawled out of bed and he got down on his knees.

He closed his little eyes, folded his little hands

Spoke to God like he was talkin’ to a friend.

And I said, “Son, now where’d you learn to pray like that?”

Chorus:

He said, I’ve been watching you, dad ain’t that cool?

I’m your buckaroo; I want to be like you.

And eat all my food and grow as tall as you are.

We like fixin’ things and holding moma’s hand

Yeah, we’re just alike, hey, ain’t we dad.

I want to do everything you do; so I’ve been watching you.

With tears in my eyes I wrapped him in a hug.

Said, “My little bear is growin’ up.”A

nd he said, “But when I’m big I’ll still know what to do.”

Chorus:

'cause I’ve been watching you, dad ain’t that cool?

I’m your buckaroo; I want to be like you.

And eat all my food and grow as tall as you are.

By then I’ll be strong as superman

We’ll be just alike, hey, won’t we dad

When I can do everything you do.

‘cause I’ve been watchin’ you.

hey

yea

huh huh

34 comments:

Serina Hope said...

That is a good song. It is pretty funny reading the lyrics.

Molly said...

I remember when my son, who was about four, said something bad as he requested that I open the door? I mentioned that we don't talk that way. He replied."Well, Rick does." (Rick was a adult neighborhood friend.) Somehow we did get across to our four year old that even though Rick spoke this way, four year olds do not get to. Your song reminds us that we ought to watch what we say.

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

Very nice song Carlo...have a nice week!

Happy FM!

Princess Jewelee said...

THAT IS SUPER lil man. You are your dad's lil man. I love you

(Thanks GrandMOM)

Celeste said...

That's a great song, and it is great that you enjoy your Dad's music!

Unknown said...

If I don't have my IPod on or ITunes on the computer, I am forced to hear one radio station where we live - and it is country. This is one of my favorite songs. It has a great beat and the lyrics are special - though I don't often curse, I do have to watch my rather unconventional actions on occasion that sometimes a less than safety conscious. But hey, my son learns from my pain.... ;) NLM

Cynthia said...

Great song. And I love the pictures you took from your Grandma's car. She is very brave passing a State Trooper!

Lana G! said...

That is a great choice!

Beckie said...

That is a good song!

Have a good Monday!

Megnificent said...

Love the song, CJ. Great choice!

-Ann said...

That's a new song for me. I think it's a great choice.

my4kids said...

Love that song! I tear up everytime I hear it because it reminds me of my boys.

Joy T. said...

What a great song, I've never heard it before but I can see why you like it. Like your dad, I like AC/DC too :o) Thanks for playing Fun Monday Carlo!

Attie said...

OOHH I love that song!! My boys follow their Dad with everything!! and sometimes it's cute and sometimes we hold our breath!!

ChrisB said...

That is just a great song, it's the first time I've heard it!

Bren said...

Nice song! It's getting a lot of airplay on the radio too.

Melanie said...

I LOVE this song! It's one of my favorites. I'd never seen the video before and it's great.

Jill said...

that's a really good song.

Jenni said...

This is a great song, but so is anything by AC/DC:o) Rob Zombie? Well, he's a bit odd, but I like that Dragula song.

Junebug said...

Cool song.

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

A perfect choice!

Robocop said...

I hope my stepson is not "watching me".

Robin M said...

Great song and very true. My son is the same way.

Thanks

Robin of mytwoblessings

Hootin Anni said...

Hmmmmm, ummmmm, okay.

Swampwitch said...

That is one of my favorite songs by one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.
We are going to watch him perform at Billy Bob's in Dallas next month.
I think it's great you have a post today. Keep it up.

the rotten correspondent said...

You picked a great song. You and your dad have good taste!

Unknown said...

I think the Rob Zombie & AC/DC comments are the best part!

Unknown said...

Great song! I don't think you should be saying h-e-double hockey sticks though ;)

Irish Coffeehouse said...

Wonderful song choice Carlo! :)

Mamalang said...

We love this song. My son is a big scooby doo fan, and his daddy is in the military, so it fits in so many ways. Thanks for posting it!

Courtney said...

I had never heard this song before, but it's so cute! I need to listen to more country.

Alison said...

cute song!!!! great job Lil Man!!

BS said...

Great choice - great song.

Debs said...

This is a great song. I love it!